- Frequently Asked Questions.
and other publications.
Supported PC hardware
Online Manual pages
man pages mirror
Setting the right monitor size
Setting the right keyboard map
Adding a new user
Using AoE (ATA-over-Ethernet)
Staying up to date
INSTALLATION IN SPECIAL ENVIRONMENTS
Installing Plan 9 on Qemu
- Plan 9 works reliably in Qemu
- Plan 9 under vmware4.
Installing in Xen
Installing in Parallels Desktop on Mac OS X
Installing Plan 9 in a VirtualBox
Installation on Ipaq
USING THE SYSTEM
- An introduction to using the window system.
- Acme is a hybrid editor and shell/windowing application.
- The plumber sends messages to the appropriate program.
9p services using srv, listen, exportfs, import
- How Plan 9 systems communicate.
- for the screen and otherwise.
- Formatting text for printing on a typesetter.
- Remote use of applications on other OSes.
- How to store keys and certificates.
Using aescbc to store factotum keys
for stand-alone terminals.
Connecting to other OSes
- ssh, telnet, u9fs, SMB, NFS...
Connecting from other OSes
- drawterm, v9fs, 9vx...
- Functional but not recommended.
- Rudimentary support for running Linux programs on Plan 9.
UNIX to Plan 9 command translation
Tip o' the day
Configuring a standalone CPU server
- The next step after installation.
Dns configuration notes
Adding your face
Informal Wiki Setup
Setting up Fossil
- How to manually setup fossil
Setting up Venti
- How to manually setup venti
Mirroring with Fossil and Venti
Expanding your Grid
- An overview of adding more systems
Drawterm to your terminal
- The implicit relational database client and server.
Configuring file-backed Venti stores
- How to rebuild your system when your disks crash.
Kfs file system configuration
- Of historical interest; kfs is now deprecated.
Installing a Plan 9 File Server
- Instructions for installing the old dedicated file server; in most cases it is recommended that you use fossil instead.
Mouse vs. keyboard
Dialup modem config
Installing Plan B on Qemu
Top of this page
Last modified Sat Feb 23 21:34:08 EST 2013
About this Wiki